Staff scheduling plays a central role in the management of Canadian hospitals’ day-to-day activities. To this day, it remains a very conventional and people-driven process that relies mostly on manual labour.
Cloud-based technology is now offering new, practical ways to optimize conventional scheduling processes to meet the 6 main challenges in healthcare staff scheduling.
Discover some key recommendations to help your organization overcome inhibiting issues in Canadian healthcare staff scheduling.
Product Director, Logibec
Business Analyst, Logibec.
Points Covered in this webinar:
- Key business problems in Canadian healthcare staff scheduling
- Symptoms of deficient scheduling practices
- Key consideration points when addressing staff planning
- How the right technology can keep operating costs on track and employees satisfied
- Question and answer period
6 Main Staff Scheduling Challenges Faced by Healthcare Organizations
- Rising operational costs due to improper staffing allocations and increased overtime situations
- Insufficient staff planning that results in imbalanced schedules, unnecessary overtime, and staff and skill shortages.
- Last minute shift replacements that cause undue strain on staff and the whole scheduling process.
- Staff shortages of qualified health professionals to fill shift requirements and the impacts of under-resourced departmental units.
- Employee stress/burnout due to inefficient scheduling practices that lead to overutilized employees and increased absences.
- Managing employee time and attendance with unagile processes leading to inaccurate timesheets, costly payroll errors and the risk of staff shortages.