Staff scheduling plays a central role in the management of Canadian hospitals’ day-to-day activities. To this day, it remains a very conventional and people-driven process that relies mostly on manual labour.
Cloud-based technology is now offering new, practical ways to optimize conventional scheduling processes to meet the 6 main challenges in healthcare staff scheduling.
Discover some key recommendations to help your organization overcome inhibiting issues in Canadian healthcare staff scheduling.
|Product Director, Logibec ||Business Analyst, Logibec. |
Points Covered in this webinar:
- Key business problems in Canadian healthcare staff scheduling
- Symptoms of deficient scheduling practices
- Key consideration points when addressing staff planning
- How the right technology can keep operating costs on track and employees satisfied
- Question and answer period
6 Main Staff Scheduling Challenges Faced by Healthcare Organizations
- Rising operational costs due to improper staffing allocations and increased overtime situations
- Insufficient staff planning that results in imbalanced schedules, unnecessary overtime, and staff and skill shortages.
- Last minute shift replacements that cause undue strain on staff and the whole scheduling process.
- Staff shortages of qualified health professionals to fill shift requirements and the impacts of under-resourced departmental units.
- Employee stress/burnout due to inefficient scheduling practices that lead to overutilized employees and increased absences.
- Managing employee time and attendance with unagile processes leading to inaccurate timesheets, costly payroll errors and the risk of staff shortages.